The Wonderful Mind of Me!

A place for me to share some of the weird and wonderful goings-on in my head!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Kiwi Fruit


Hey guys.

I need your help, because something i've known for a while about my boyfriend and one of his sisters (Hey Lou!) just keeps on coming back in my mind, and i just need to find out if there's anyone else out there like them! (And i would just like to say i love them both lots!)

You see, whereas i can't bear the skin of a kiwi fruit, they simply wash it and bite into it, like you would an apple. Now, i personally just can't get my head around this one - so i open it up to you lot, please, does anyone else do this?

Lou, have you always eaten kiwis like this? And don't you get the hairs stuck in between your teeth?!

I just don't understand, but maybe thats just me! Anyone?!?!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Hannah said…

    i could never do that. although i am irritated by the fuss involved in peeling a kiwi, the skin is not to be eaten. in fact i think as a child i was told it was poisonous, which is clearly not true.

    what about pear eating? i bite the top off, then spit it out in the bin. then you can eat all the rest except the bottom. jo miller saw me doing this once and thought i was so weird. i thought this was what one did with a pear. apparently not as i have never met anyone except my mom who does it this way, now i have asked around a bit.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger AmyK said…

    lol, i really do want to see if there are some others out there who eat kiwis like they do!

    As for the pears, i do eat all of it but i dont bite the top off, i just nibble around it so that the top ends up falling off - then there's no stalk-y bit in my mouth!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger AmyK said…

    Well, i've been spoken to by the great Mother Robins (Lou and Nath's mum Daphne) and she's said that actually, the skin is full of nutrients, and is the part of the fruit that has the most 'good stuff' in it.

    So, Lou and Nath are healthier than me in their kiwi skin-eating, but i am happier with the lack of hair in my mouth.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger alex said…

    cant eat kiwi as im horribly llergc but i eat pears like you do hannah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home